Learn to recognize other forms of child abuse and neglect, and how to respond as a mandated reporter.
Teaching definitions and indicators of sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, this training also teaches you about the legal obligations as a mandated reporter defined by your state. Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, Darkness to Light’s evidence-based training on preventing, recognizing, and reacting responsibly to child sexual abuse, this training is intended for educators but is broad enough for parents and caregivers, faith center staff, and youth serving organizations to benefit. Participants must complete Stewards of Children® prior to taking the course.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
During the training, you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors. You will also:
- identify signs of sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect.
- understand your legal obligations as a mandated reporter as defined by your state.
- know the steps for reporting, including essential information to provide.
- understand the value of your role as a mandated reporter and name potential positive outcomes of reporting.
- name the basic skills of handling a child’s disclosure of maltreatment.
WHAT ARE THE DISTINCTIVE FEATURES?
Darkness to Light is proud to offer this training, which includes:
- stories from featured survivors, experts, youth serving professionals, and parents.
- a course booklet designed to help reinforce key concepts and serve as a resource guide on recognizing and responding to child abuse and neglect.
- interactive discussion about important issues in abuse prevention and how they affect communities and youth serving organizations (facilitator-led only).
- knowledge checks (online only).
- Training: Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse
- Training: Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Training: Talking With Children About Safety from Sexual Abuse
- Training: Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Training: Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
- Training: Stewards Of Children®
- Reporting Child Sexual Abuse Tips
- Mandated Reporting
- Reporting Statistics
- Mandatory Reporting
“Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural background, religious affiliations, and levels of education.”