A NEW training for a NEW generation.
Darkness to Light’s flagship training, Stewards of Children®, teaches adults practical actions they can take to reduce instances of child sexual abuse in their organizations, families, and communities. Through interviews with a very diverse group of people with lived experience, experts, and treatment providers, Stewards of Children® is one of the only award-winning, evidence-informed, adult-focused child sexual abuse prevention trainings in the United States proven to increase knowledge and change behavior.
In 2023, Darkness to Light released a NEW version of Stewards of Children®, providing the same proven framework that has created millions of safe adults but with significant updates to introduce new survivors and experts, the latest statistics and technology, and enhanced learning methods and tools.
- Delivered in a trauma-informed way by instructors and facilitators who have been rigorously trained
- Features powerful videos paired with robust facilitated discussion
- Teaches three foundational empowerment skills:
- Making choices that protect children
- Taking risks to minimize danger to children
- Supporting each other
- Highlights The 5 Steps to Protecting Children™ and how to apply them to better protect children from child sexual abuse
Stewards of Children® is available in English through our Authorized Facilitator-led (in-person or virtual) format as well as asynchronously online. You can learn more about our training formats on our Get Trained page, or learn how to Become a Facilitator here.
We are actively developing the Spanish iteration of the NEW Stewards of Children®.
WHY DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
Child sexual abuse is likely the most prevalent health problem children face, with the most serious array of consequences. In fact, 1 in 10 children will experience sexual abuse before their 18th birthday.
This means that whether you work with youth, are a parent, or are simply a member of a community, it is highly likely that someone you know or care for has experienced, or is currently experiencing, child sexual abuse. It’s going to happen whether you are prepared to deal with it or not – unless you stop it from happening. And the good news, it can be stopped.
HOW DO I GET TRAINED?
Stewards of Children® is available in three formats – a group setting led by a Darkness to Light Authorized Facilitator, it can be taken individually online, or it can be taken virtually in a group setting led by a Darkness to Light Authorized Virtual Facilitator. The training is 2.5 hours.
Our new standard training price is $16 per seat, with bulk pricing opportunities.
NEED CONTINUING EDUCATION?
To see what CEUs Stewards of Children® is approved for in your state, click here.
- Training: Stewards of Children One Pager
- Training: Beyond Stewards of Children
- Training: Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse
- Training: Protecting Children from Sex Trafficking
- Training: Talking With Children About Safety from Sexual Abuse
- Training: Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Training: Healthy Touch for Children and Youth