Tuesday November 8, 2022, what plans do you have that day? At Darkness to Light, we hope that you have one important action on your calendar and that is to VOTE!
Not sure who is running in your local, state or federal elections? There are many resources available to you to get you caught up to speed. You can go to VOTE411 or Vote.org for key information leading up to election day as well as information that might prove useful on election day. And if you want to know more at a federal level then visit the Federal Election Commission’s site.
Want to make sure that those you are voting for will Keep Kids Safe?
Then read The U.S. National Blueprint to End Sexual Violence Against Children and Adolescents set forth by 6 founding member organizations that joined together in 2020. Keep Kids Safe is a powerful national movement of organizations, survivors, and allies including The Army of Survivors, CHILD USA, Darkness to Light, The Monique Burr Foundation for Children, the National Children’s Alliance, Prevent Child Abuse America, SNAP, and Together for Girls. Working together, and with bold action from the federal government, Keep Kids Safe believes we can end sexual violence against children for this and for generations to come.
And when election day is done, there are still ways in which you can advocate for child safety.
- Volunteer with organizations that support children.
- Educate yourself on the issues and facts about child sexual abuse.
- Encourage others to get involved.
- Use social media to advance your advocacy message.
- Lead a discussion group at your place of work and/or worship or with a social group.
- Sign petitions that advance the movements you are passionate about.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper discussing the issue and facts of child sexual abuse.
- Make choices, take risks, and support each other; all to protect children.