ENVISION is an annual conference that brings together diverse child advocates and organizations and empowers them to prevent child sexual abuse using a public health approach.
ENVISION is held in partnership with Darkness to Light and the Moore Center for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Envision 2022 focuses on the importance of communication in preventing child sexual abuse. Effective communication engages and empowers us to work together to keep kids safe from harm.
Over 2 days, our virtual attendees will hear from three powerful keynote speakers:
- Anthony Edwards, Emmy, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award-winning Actor, Director, and Producer and Chairman of the Board of Directors, 1in6.
- Rosie Hidalgo, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor on Gender-Based Violence, White House Gender Policy Council.
- Daniela Ligiero, PhD, Executive Director and CEO, Together for Girls.
In addition to sessions titled:
- Words Matter: How Effective Communication Can Create Change
- The Role of Adultification Bias on Adolescent Development
- How to Talk About a Topic No One Wants to Talk About
- Challenges and Solutions: A Roundtable of Parents and Caregivers Engaging Prevention in Families and Communities
- Keep Kids Safe Movement – Tackling Policy Change in the U.S.
- The Secrets to Policy Work: How Changemakers Get the Job Done
- You’ve Got to Think About the Kids: Media, Misconceptions, and Missed Opportunities in Messaging About People with Sexual Attraction to Children
- Mobilizing Men: Unifying Male Voices in the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
Envision is sponsored this year by #We Ride Together, The Woolf Group Strategy Solutions, and The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. These organizations will have virtual booths in which attendees will have the opportunity to connect and learn more.