This prevention training program teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for individuals concerned about the safety of children as well as organizations that serve youth. The online version allows individuals to take the training at any time or place, at a pace of their choosing.
Register ONLINE Now!
How is the Program Delivered?
Stewards of Children ONLINE is a web-based program available anytime. It takes approximately 2 hours to complete, and the cost for the online training is $10 per person.
Online Course FAQs:
- Can be taken from any computer and available anytime
- The course is available in English and Spanish at the same cost.
- The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. The course bookmarks your progress; keeping track of where you left off when you exit.
ONLINE User Guide
- The course offers you a Personal Prevention Plan in which you answer questions relating to a particular topic. You will be asked to print this document during the course and then prompted to answer the questions as you go through the course.
- The Question and Answer section provides you with a list of frequently asked questions regarding child sexual abuse.
- The Scenarios section provides the opportunity to practice your new knowledge by answering questions based on real-life scenarios.
- There are Knowledge Check questions throughout the course. A certificate is provided upon successful completion of all sections and the Knowledge Checks.
How Much Does the Training Cost?
- The cost for the online training in both English and Spanish is $10 per person, and payment can be made securely with a credit card when registering for the program online.
- Bulk trainings may be purchased via the D2L Store and volume pricing is available for quantities starting at 100.
Is Stewards of Children Approved for Continuing Education?
The course is approved for 2 contact hours of continuing education by: The National Association of Social Workers & The National Board for Certified Counselors.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Approval valid through September 30, 2017.
In order to receive 2 nursing contact hours, you must complete the training by September 30, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Child sexual abuse is a complex problem, and though this training is meant to empower and provide proactive strategies for addressing the issue, it does not provide a fail-proof method of identifying perpetrators. The information in this training does not replace the advice of professionals in your community, nor is it intended as a therapeutic tool. Photographs that appear in this training are for illustrative purposes only.