The ONLINE version of Stewards of Children is available anytime from any computer. There is no additional software necessary.
Getting Started with Stewards of Children ONLINE for the First Time
Creating a Login
- Go to the online training login screen
- Select Don't Have a User Name or Password? and provide the requested registration information. Please remember that the e-mail address you provide on this screen will serve as your username for the training. All training notifications will be sent directly to this e-mail address.
- You will receive an email with your user name and password. If you do not receive the e-mail in 15-20 minutes, please check your Spam folder.
- Return to the online training login screen and enter the user name and password that was sent to you
- Follow the prompts to change your password to something you will remember
Registering for the Course
- Log on to the training homepage with your username and new password.
- Choose Register from the menu on the left hand side of the page
- Select Stewards of Children from the list of available courses and Proceed to Checkout
- Enter your payment information
- You will be redirected to the training, which is found under the My Courses tab in the menu on the left hand side of the page
Completing the Course
- Upon enrolling, you will have 15 days to complete the training. Please note: Your registration expires after 15 days. If your course expires before you complete the program, you will need to purchase the course again in order to continue.
- The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. The course bookmarks your progress; keeping track of where you left off when you exit.
- The course offers you a Personal Prevention Plan in which you answer questions relating to a particular topic. You will be asked to print this document during the course and then prompted to answer the questions as you go through the course.
- The Question and Answer section provides you with a list of frequently asked questions regarding child sexual abuse.
- The Scenarios section provides the opportunity to practice your new knowledge by answering questions based on real-life scenarios.
- An Exit Test is given at the end of the course. A certificate is provided upon successful completion of all sections and the Exit Test.
- As long as you initially completed the courses within 15 days, the course will remain in your account and you return to it any time for review.
Returning to the Course
- Go to the online training screen and enter your login and password
- Select Stewards of Children from My Courses in the menu on the left hand side of the page
- You will be returned to the same place in the training where you left off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my payment secure?
Yes your payment is secure.
I was given a code, what do I do with it?
If you were given a code to take the course for free, you will follow the same login and registration process as described above. You will follow the first few registration steps and Proceed to Checkout where you will enter your code in the box that reads "If you have a discount coupon, enter code." Then, press "Buy Selected Courses" which will process your coupon. You will then proceed to the training.
I’ve lost my password, how can I get it?
When logging in to the course for the first time, it is recommended that you check the "Remember Me" box. This option will store your log in information for the next time you access the course. If you have forgotten your password, return to the log in screen and click on "Forgot Password." You will provide your e-mail address, which is your training user name, and asked to reset your password. You will receive your reset password via e-mail shortly after your submission. If you do not receive your password in 20-30 minutes, please check your Spam folder.
I finished the course. Where is my certificate?
To view and download your certificate of completion, you must log back in to the training homepage. Once you are logged in, please select "Certificates" from the menu on the left hand side of the page. Your certificate will be available to download here.
If you have any technical problems with the course, please contact support@D2L.org.